The difference between “Rebirth and Reincarnation”

ในห้อง 'Buddhism' ตั้งกระทู้โดย supatorn, 11 กุมภาพันธ์ 2021.

1. supatorn

supatorn ผู้สนับสนุนเว็บพลังจิต ผู้สนับสนุนพิเศษ

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    14 กรกฎาคม 2010
    โพสต์:
    กระทู้เรื่องเด่น:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +33,018
    Ven.Ashin Kelasa.jpg
    The difference between “Rebirth and Reincarnation”
    Q: Ven. Ashin Kelasa, we know that you have traveled to different countries for teaching Dhamma and meditation. we also know that Burma or Myanmar is a strong country of Buddhism like Indonesia in which majority of population is Muslim in Southeast Asia. We respect Burma in which all the Buddha’s Teaching has powerfully been preserved and purely practiced by monks and laypeople. We have read your books that were bought from your monastery, Mahagandhayon when we visited there.

You explained Dhamma very clearly by different means and the way you explained is very simple. We feel great by reading your books. All of sudden, I have a question regarding reincarnation. Could you please kindly explain the difference between “Rebirth and Reincarnation”?This is the question from Germany by email.
    A: Well, you are very welcome. I know such a question you asked is usually very popular in the west. When I was there in the west, I was asked to answer the question regarding “reincarnation and rebirth”. Actually, reincarnation is totally different from rebirth in the Buddhism. Reincarnation is Hindu religious belief. There is nothing to do with Buddhist philosophy of rebirth. There is nothing to do with belief or blind faith in the idea of rebirth taught by the Buddha.

Nobody needs to believe in reincarnation or rebirth to become a Buddhist but many people get concerned about whether they have to believe in reincarnation or not when they want to become a Buddhist, particularly in the west. The idea of rebirth is like being reborn every moment.

For example, when you are angry, you are angry person at the moment. You should mindfully observe such an anger in you at moment. When this anger passes away, angry person passes away too. Angry person dies; another person is reborn. It is called “rebirth” taught by the Buddha and accepted in Buddhist philosophy.

When you are happy, you are a happy person at the moment but happy state of mind cannot exist permanently in you. When happy state of mind passes away, happy person passes away too. Happy person dies; perhaps, thinking person is reborn. It is called ‘Rebirth’ according to Buddhism. Rebirth is going on and on in the flux of arising and passing away of physical and mental phenomena almost every moment.

When I say this, I have to explain about “Mindfulness-Based Vipassanā” because it is the only technique that can keep us awake, alert and vigilant to see how often true rebirth is happening within us almost every moment. Therefore, there is a very close connection between rebirth and meditation according to Buddhism. Now, you can see that rebirth has nothing to do with belief but to see rebirth, you have to practice “Mindfulness-Based Vipassanā“ meditation guided by an experienced spiritual friend so that you can see rebirth practically and clearly.

Therefore, reincarnation is totally different from the idea of rebirth taught by the Buddha and accepted in Buddhist philosophy. I hope you get it.
    :- https://www.voiceofdhamma.com/category/dhamma-text/dhamma-english/

แชร์หน้านี้