Worship in peace, say police – Metro News – The Star Online

ในห้อง 'Buddhist News' ตั้งกระทู้โดย PanyaTika, 20 ธันวาคม 2018.

1. PanyaTika

PanyaTika สมาชิกใหม่

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    12 ธันวาคม 2018
    โพสต์:
    กระทู้เรื่องเด่น:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +3
    worship-in-peace-say-police-metro-news-the-star-online.jpg

DEVOTEES at three places of worship in SS13, Subang Jaya can carry out their religious obligations without fear, say the police.

Sunway police station head ASP Sulaiman Baputty said this after he and other police personnel paid a courtesy call on representatives of the religious institutions at Gurdwara Sahib Subang (GSS).

“I wanted my officers to meet devotees and get to know who they are protecting,” he said.

The visit came after the recent incident at the Seafield Sri Maha Mariamman Temple and ASP Sulaiman said police wanted to assure devotees of their safety.

He added that this was the first time they had tea with representatives from the three religious institutions – GSS, Subang Jaya Buddhist Association and the Sri Varatharajah Perumal Temple.

All three religious associations are located next to each other along Persiaran Kewajipan.

“So far there have been no major problems in the area and to ensure this remains, there will always be officers stationed at any one of the premises whenever there are prayers or events going on,” said ASP Sulaiman, who has been with the Sunway police station for three years.

He was with the Subang Jaya police station for eight years before taking up his present posting.

ASP Sulaiman said being united was key to ensuring peace among various races.

There are a total of two Hindu temples, two mosques, two surau, one Buddhist association and a gurdwara under his jurisdiction.

“My officers will patrol all eight religious places between 3am and 4am, and 9pm to 11pm,” he said.

ASP Sulaiman added most vandalism and theft cases occurred during the wee hours of the morning.

He proposed that a police beat base be built in the vicinity to provide shelter for his officers on duty.

The event was also made possible by Subang Jaya Community Policing representative Joe Mahinder Singh.

During the session, laminated posters containing contact details for both Sunway police station and Subang Jaya police headquarters were also given out.

“The poster had a message that the police and community must not be separated as we need each other to help fight crime and ensure safety in the area,” said Joe Mahinder.

GSS president Amrick Singh hoped the close cooperation with the police would continue and thanked them for their constant presence which was reassuring to devotees.

Subang Jaya Buddhist Association president Chim Siew Choon said police officers had been extremely responsive.

“Every time we call, they will come in less than 10 minutes and I see the officers patrolling the area very often.

“Even when we did not call them for smaller events, they will still show up,” he said.

Sri Varatharajah Perumal temple secretary Y. Selathurai said the meetup was important to build bridges between the police and worshippers.

Thank you
    https://www.thestar.com.my/metro/metro-news/2018/12/20/worship-in-peace-say-police/

แชร์หน้านี้